Leopard print: chic or tacky?

I'd like to begin this post with a confession…

My name is Nancy and I am a leopard print addict.


I'm unsure of when my penchant for leopard print began, many people would probably suggest that it was thrust in my psyche the second I moved into an Essex postcode. But the faux fur, animal print top-to-toe, "TOWIE style" leopard print isn't really what I'm referring to.

Out of the hundreds of items of clothing I've fallen in love with over the years, the items in my wardrobe that I go back to frequently are those with this distinctive print. It is these items that are my go-to's for dates or evenings out or any situation where I want to feel glamorous and sexy and confident. Every girl has their own version of this, whether its deep red lipstick, all black everything or sky high heels.

In my humble opinion, the key to styling leopard print is working it with neutral colours and minimalistic hair and makeup. It needs to be surrounded my clean colours and cuts. It's always going be the focal point of the look so why clutter it with other "busy items".

Below I've included a couple of pictures to demonstrate my leopard print "fetish" as my boyfriend calls it. If you follow me on instagram you may have already seen some of these looks so I apologise for the repetition. If you haven't seen them I hope you enjoy having a gander at some of my personal style and beauty looks, and get hold of me on twitter or instagram or comment below and let me know what you think…



*


*


*


*

*

So there's a few of my recent looks, style ideas and beauty looks. Animal print was prominent last season, but it's not going away anytime soon. Below I've included some clothes and accessories from the upcoming seasons that I'm loving and will probably be purchasing.


Just Fab "Cheyvonne" shoes - £25 reduced from £39.


Next Collarless Coat - £60.


Missguided - Kayna Leopard Print Boyfriend Shirt - £25.


Oasis Leopard Print Leather Strap Watch - On sale at very.co.uk for £15.



Whether you agree with me that leopard print is chic or you want to put me on the shelf with the other "Essex" girls, I'm not really fussed. After all a leopard never changes it's spots.

N x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Nancy, 19. Maidstone/Essex. High street style and beauty blogger. Occasional vlogger. Twitter: @nancy_bowyer Personal instagram: nancyboww Official instagram: captivatestyle Enjoy x

Contact