The reality of being a beauty blogger...

1). No opportunity for a down day…
My makeup obsession means that I really enjoy my morning routine. Beautifying myself is very much an empowering thing. However, this has thrown up an issue. I've set myself an impossible precedence. So now, if I leave the house without a smokey eye and brows on fleek (whatever the heck that means), people think I'm sick or had a horrendous breakup. When actually, I just woke up late or my brushes were still damp from their wash the night before.

2). Make-up or food…
Walking into Superdrug, knowing there's at least 40 new products you have to try, but also knowing that once you get to the checkout, your bank account will be cleared and you'll be having super noodles and packet custard for dinner. But at least you've gained 100 Beautycard points… small pleasures and all that.

3). You spend more time with your Instagram followers than with your family…
One of the important things that comes with a beauty blog is social media. And as lovely as it is, interacting with all of you guys, I feel like I'm letting people down if I don't post at least once a day. Of course though, it's not as simple as just taking a photo… it takes planning and arranging and posing and taking 400 pictures before you find one that's of an acceptable standard to run through 4 different photo editing apps.

4). Your phone is always out of battery and is forever out of storage…
Not much more to say about this one really. Selfies require a camera of some shape or form, this drains your battery, and they also need a place to go when they're taken. Therefore, you end up with 36 photos on your camera roll, of different angles of that new lipstick you bought.

5). You get used to the fact that your dog is always going to have more fans than you…
See my french bulldog post. I have to say though, I know when to bow my head at a better blogger than myself. Who can resist that squishy face though?! (@francothefrenchbulldog).

6). Your sister wakes you up every morning asking for various products…
Who can blame her? That brand new brow palette from "I <3 Makeup" is insane… Definitely worth harassing your sibling for. 

7). Sitting in front of your laptop instead of in the sun…
Instead of being outside soaking up the sunshine, drinking cocktails etc. I'm sitting here, planning and writing and editing and spellchecking… But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Love, N x





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Nancy, 19. Maidstone/Essex. High street style and beauty blogger. Occasional vlogger. Twitter: @nancy_bowyer Personal instagram: nancyboww Official instagram: captivatestyle Enjoy x

Contact