Clothes/Beauty/Home Haul

Today I had a very rare day off, and I desperately needed to start my Christmas shopping. So my housemates and I set off to Chelmsford high street.

I got a very exciting delivery yesterday from www.sheinside.com so I had a multitude of outfit choices this morning when I woke up. I went for this red and blue long sleeve plaid shirt, with h&m thick leggings and black primark ankle boots (I'll include all links at the end).

I accessorised it with this gorgeous silver crown ring, also from sheinside. I'm obsessed with this website at the moment. Everything on there is so reasonable, really well made and hitting a lot of trends at the moment. The only trouble I have is that it's based in the US so receiving deliveries can sometimes take a while, but it's so worth it in the end. I also have their 20 piece khaki plaid makeup brush set, which is gorgeous and brilliant quality for only £8.59.


Hair wise I went for a simple teased halo braid across my forehead with tousled ends. This is really easy to do and adds a little extra to any high street outfit. I went for my usual natural makeup but with my L'Oreal Exclusive Collection Lipstick in Blake. This is quite a bold red, but it is very matte and long-staying, I didn't have to reapply at all.



As a Maidstoneian at heart I am used to fantastic high street shopping and Chelmsford high street never disappoints. The Primark in the High Chelmer shopping centre is insane, it's huge and is never cluttered and messy like the Maidstone one. My housemates and I cannot enter Primark without extending our overdrafts so Grace and I ventured in while the others waited outside.

Previously I had fallen in love with a short black coat with leather detail, but knowing I was going coat shopping with my Nana for Christmas I had to walk away. Now post coat shop with Nana, and with the most gorgeous blush peplum coat with fur detail hanging in my wardrobe, I had returned with the intention of buying this coat. After trying it on again it was not as nice as I had remembered, and instead I fell in love with this short leather jacket with detachable fur collar. It was £25 and is amazing quality.


In Primark I also bought a pack of lint rollers. As a blonde my hair shows up on everything and because my hair is quite damaged, it falls out constantly, so these lint rollers were a necessity. I also picked up the cutest little tuxedo for my French Bulldog puppy to wear at Christmas. Primark do the cutest dog accessories and they usually range from £1 -£5.

Next we went to The Body Shop. I have to ban myself from here unless absolutely necessary because I would rather by body butters than food. However, today it was a necessary visit. I have been desperate for a Glazed Apple Body Butter since it was released, and I finally got my hands on it today. I also bought the Glazed Apple gift set for my Nana and the Frosted Cranberry gift set for my Mummy. They both smell sensational. The Glazed Apple scent is very sweet with really sour undertones, so for those of you who don't like that, the Glazed Apple selection probably isn't for you. For some reason the Glazed Apple gift set and body butter is not showing up on the website, perhaps they've sold out. In store the body butter was £13 and the gift sets were £17.




After The Body Shop blew out our bank accounts we headed for our usual spot in Starbucks. As a recent coffee convert I had the most amazing Caramel Latte.


After Starbucks we headed to a few other places to get little bits and bobs but my last big spend came in Paperchase. I fell in love with the gorgeous little postcards they sell and alongside my obsession with Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn I couldn't resist. They were between 30-60p and they are made of thick postcard type paper. You are able to use them as proper postcards, but I've used them to decorate my room. My room has a Paris theme with hints of old Hollywood movie stars so these were perfect. I also bought a gorgeous little set of 20 silver pegs with silver thread to hang them up. And finally I bought a black and white striped lever-arch folder with fluorescent orange lining for my portfolio.



And after that we dragged our weary selves back to my car where we proceeded to fill up the boot and sing our hearts out to Taylor Swift, to the amusement of people walking past.

I hope you enjoyed a little look into my day, and got a few gift/home decor ideas.

See you soon,

N x




Links for items mentioned:

http://www.sheinside.com/Silver-Diamond-Imperial-Crown-Ring-p-178754-cat-1759.html

http://www.sheinside.com/Red-Blue-Long-Sleeve-Plaid-Loose-Blouse-p-190480-cat-1733.html

http://www.sheinside.com/Silver-Diamond-Stick-Heart-Necklace-p-165180-cat-1755.html

http://www.superdrug.com/L%27Oreal-Paris/L%27oreal-Colour-Riche-Collection-Privée-Red-Lipstick-Blake/p/314611?singleResultSearchPage=true#.VIoU4calmlI

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/search.aspx?search=glazed%20apple#/search.aspx?search=glazed%20apple

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/20-silver-metallic-card-pegs.html

http://www.paperchase.co.uk/stationery/filing-storage/lever-arch-files/geo-lever-arch-spora.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Nancy, 19. Maidstone/Essex. High street style and beauty blogger. Occasional vlogger. Twitter: @nancy_bowyer Personal instagram: nancyboww Official instagram: captivatestyle Enjoy x

Contact